Saturday 21 July 2012

PLANS AND PURPOSES


To find purpose in life, we cannot place personal fulfillment above His will. For God already has a predetermined plan for our life. He is the Potter and we are the clay.

It's not about us. It's about God and what He wants to do in our life.



                                                                         

Do we think it is possible to know God’s calling for our lives?

Do we think God is willing and able to show it to us?

How can we know His calling for our lives?

God’s destiny for our lives has already been determined even while we are in our mother’s womb:

"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5).

                                                                            
When we seek Him earnestly, He will show us His plans for our lives:

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart” (Jeremiah 29:11-13).

He is not only willing but able to lead and guide us if we trust in Him:

“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.
Do not be like the horse or the mule,
which have no understanding
but must be controlled by bit and bridle
or they will not come to you” (Psalm 32:8-9).
              -------------------------------
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Many well-meaning believers are deeply involved in a particular ministry—meeting diverse needs, spreading themselves thin, “fighting fires” with leaky hoses and blunt axes. But if they don’t have a clear understanding of their primary calling in life, they won’t be effective.

Philosopher and theologian, Dr Ramesh Richard, once challenged some leaders to reduce their life work to one word, which to him is “proclamation”. We too need to find that “one word” that best describes our life work.

If we have no sense of calling in life, we tend to drift along in life like flotsam.


RELATED POSTS

SEEKING GOD'S WILL
http://bit.ly/1fWBAia



WHEN GOD CALLS

http://bit.ly/1e9JEbK



THE POWER OF VISION
http://bit.ly/1aAGtZG



STEPPING INTO OUR DESTINY

http://bit.ly/1bRLAro







No comments:

Post a Comment