More on danger of performance culture: http://bit.ly/1h8Z84f
Jesus told the woman caught in the act of adultery: “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more” (John 8:3-11).
Overemphasis on grace leads to the following assumptions. Do check out for yourselves whether the following premises in red are valid:
- Once we are saved, we will remain saved (OSAS, once saved always saved, eternal security). http://bit.ly/GM5Srz
- All our future sins are forgiven at conversion. http://bit.ly/18wc9Rb
- There is no need to confess sin as we merely need to rest in the imputed righteousness of Christ. http://bit.ly/19yBzuD
- We can afford to banish sin consciousness from our lives as the sin issue is a thing of the past, being settled once and for all when we believed in Jesus. http://bit.ly/GDv4QL
- Repentance is merely changing our way of thinking. http://bit.ly/15qK4KI
Love and mercy are important attributes of God. But He is also a God of justice and righteousness.