More often, however, healing takes place when God works together with doctors and medicine. Let’s explore some of the issues related to faith and medicine.
- Affirm and declare by faith that God heals all our diseases (Psalm 103:3).
- Let the elders of the church pray for them (James 5:14).
- Seek to be ministered by those endowed with the gift of healing (1 Corinthians 12:28,30).
Shouldn’t medicine be rejected as it represents man’s ingenuity?
- Remove hindrances to healing––unconfessed sin, unbelief.
- Seek miraculous healing and medical treatment. These options are not mutually exclusive.
- Wait upon God.
- Acknowledge His sovereignty. Commit the results to God.
- When miraculous healing does not occur, do not put the blame on the sick.
- Be open-minded about miraculous healing without medical intervention.
- Don’t try to figure it out––God’s ways are beyond us.
- His peace and presence will comfort us when all else fails.
The above article was first published in the Oct- Nov 2013 issue of Asian Beacon magazine, Vol. 45 No. 5