Maturity presupposes that we become increasingly autonomous. God desires that man rule over the rest of His creation, optimally utilise the resources given to him and bequeath it to future generations — in keeping with sustainable development.
- They have been believers so long that they ought to be teaching others. Instead, they need someone to teach them again the basic things about God's word. They are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food (Hebrews 5:12).
- They have been running their own business for several decades but are still struggling to meet their daily needs besides paying off massive debts.
- They are supposed to be church leaders but they love to gossip, watch porn and live immoral lives.
- “Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity” (1 Timothy 4:12).
- “For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” (2 Timothy 1:6-7).
- “Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you” (1 Timothy 4:14).