Wednesday 6 February 2013

PORRIDGE STILL SIMMERING


Ever since this blog, “PORRIDGE FOR THE SOUL”, started in April 2012, I have noticed from the blog statistics that its visitors include those from USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Sweden, France, Canada, Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, China, S. Korea, Taiwan, Russia, India, Belgium, Hungary, Ireland; and even countries I least expect such as Belarus, Columbia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Latvia, Lithuania, Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia, UAE, Puerto Rico, Pakistan, Romania, Trinidad and Tobago, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Nigeria. Thank you for the encouragement.

The year 2012 has been one of the most fulfilling periods in my life. I wish to thank the Holy Spirit for the inspiration to blog. Furthermore, a diverse audience like you motivates me to carry on.

Some people ask me, “Why porridge? Shouldn’t we be consuming meat?” Good question. The original purpose of this blog is to make biblical truths simple and relevant for the benefit of a wider audience, including young believers. It is meant to be easily digestible, just like porridge.

Yes, I agree, we should aim for maturity. As we develop teeth, we should be feeding on solid meat, which I have incorporated into the blog as can be seen in the various discussions to warn people against false teaching (heresy).

While it’s important to be established in the basic foundational truths of the Bible, we also need to move on. That’s where meat comes in. But solid food (meat) is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil” (Hebrews 5:14).

I am grateful to “ASIAN BEACON” magazine ( http://www.facebook.com/AsianBeacon )  for permission to reproduce some of my past articles in this blog.

I am happy to work with Christianitymalaysia: http://christianitymalaysia.com/wp/ Congratulations to Robin Piong and the Christianitymalaysia (CM) team for your selfless efforts to improve the online presence of our faith in Malaysia.

By typing “Porridge” in the search box of  http://christianitymalaysia.com/wp/, all the blog posts which have appeared in the CM website can be accessed.

A word of thanks goes to Pastor Albert Kang, Coordinator at Elijah Challenge Asia, who has been a great source of encouragement. He has also been my friendly “sparring partner” when I need to straighten out some theological kinks.

I am also grateful to Dywen Lauren, author of “Has Grace Been Abused?” for her constant support. She has kindly incorporated a few of my posts on this issue of grace in her website.

If there is any blog/website willing to work with this blog for mutual encouragement and to glorify God’s name, please do feel free to contact me. After all, according to Rick Warren, best-selling author of “The Purpose Driven Life”, it’s not about us.

As we have freely received so much as believers, we should freely give. Not necessarily in terms of money but our time, skills, talents and resources:

As long as He continues to sustain me, this ‘porridge’ will continue to simmer in the pot of God’s blessing.

I do hope to hear from some of you, whatever your views. Please write in if you have any fresh ideas on topics for discussion.





No comments:

Post a Comment