Monday 7 January 2013

NEW YEAR MESSAGE


Pastor Chris Leong in his New Year message on 6th Jan 2013 shared that we should forget the past, press on (persevere) and seek to live out God’s calling for our lives.

His talk was based on Philippians 3:12-14:

“I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

As I reflect on his talk, I wholeheartedly concur with him in the three main points of his New Year message:

We should forget the past:

We should press on (persevere):

We should live out God’s calling for our lives (or seek to discover our calling if we are not sure yet):


No comments:

Post a Comment