“Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man” (Luke 21:34-36).
5. Is God’s ability to keep us safe for eternity unconditional or conditional? http://bit.ly/1MADFyS
- “If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned” (John 15:6).
- “Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen (Jews), but God's kindness to you (Gentiles), provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off” (Romans 11:22).
- Those who believe in the whole Bible, including the need to endure and overcome
- Those belonging to the ‘God bless me’ club (hyper-grace and prosperity gospel)
- Those who think “Once Saved, Always Saved”, so no need to worry