“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me.
"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie."
(2 Thessalonians 2: 9-11)
Highlighting an end time scenario where many believers fall away on account of persecution or deception is highly disturbing. But this is the realistic, biblical view.
Of course, it would not be fair if I fail to allude to the fact that God who began the good work in us will bring it to completion one day (Philippians 1:6).
- Work out our salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12).
- Build ourselves up in our most holy faith (Jude 1:20).
- Be all the more diligent to confirm our calling and election (2 Peter 1:10).
- Bear fruits that befit repentance (Luke 3:8).
- Make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him (2 Peter 3:14).
So watch and pray that we will have the strength to endure these difficult and tumultuous
THE GREAT FALLING AWAY
If you think genuine believers cannot fall away and lose their salvation, think again. "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are BURNT" (John 15:6). The context of John chapter 15: Jesus was addressing believers as branches attached to the Vine (Christ).
HOW THEN SHALL WE LIVE?
HANG IN THERE, DON'T GIVE UP
The process of growing into maturity involves learning to persevere through our trials and arriving at a place of unshakeable faith.
HOW TO QUICKLY ACCESS PORRIDGE
- To access similar articles in Christiantymalaysia.com: http://christianitymalaysia.com/wp/?s=porridge
- To access similar articles in Asian Beacon magazine: http://asianbeacon.org/?s=Lim+Poh+Ann