- Ultimately, we are called to be faithful with what we have been entrusted (Parable of the Talents).
- Love is the better and higher way (1 Corinthians chapter 12 transitioning into chapter 13).
- Knowing God and doing His will are more important (Matthew 7: 21-23).
- Have we taken our eyes off the true finishing line—Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith (Hebrews 12:2)?
- Have we neglected other more important considerations? Such as servanthood (Mark 10:45), self-denial (Luke 9:23), love (John 13:35), knowing His will (Ephesians 5: 17)?
People are naturally hungry for supernatural manifestations. Some are willing to be zapped by any supernatural force—if only they could feel their bodies tingle or shake. Some could have come from a conservative church background and want to opt for a “change”. Their mantra could be something like this: Life is mundane, we want signs, we want power, we want God to “show up”. But are signs and wonders invariable when God shows up? Can He not work in quiet ways?
Often such hunger provides fertile ground for deception to thrive.