This blog, PORRIDGE FOR THE SOUL, does not believe in sharing with you half-truths but the whole truth.
Does it mean we do not have to fear God anymore?
While 'perfect love casts out fear' is true, it is not a full revelation. We also need to consider reverential fear of God.
In summary, a full biblical understanding of fear is something like this:
- Once we are saved, we will remain saved (OSAS, once saved always saved, eternal security). http://bit.ly/GM5Srz
- All our future sins are forgiven at conversion. http://bit.ly/18wc9Rb
- There is no need to confess sin as we merely need to rest in the imputed righteousness of Christ. http://bit.ly/19yBzuD
- We can afford to banish sin consciousness from our lives as the sin issue is a thing of the past, being settled once and for all when we believed in Jesus. http://bit.ly/GDv4QL
- Repentance is merely changing our way of thinking. http://bit.ly/15qK4KI