Sunday 9 June 2013

EXCELLENCE AND PERFECTIONISM

Strive for excellence, aim not for perfectionism.

Have you seen a glass blower at work? He starts blowing the long tube of molten glass till it becomes a beautiful vase or bottle. Does he get it perfect every time? Of course not. But he continues to strive for excellence till he becomes extremely skillful.

                                                                  

“Do you see a man skillful in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before obscure men” (Proverbs 22:29).

“Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:12-14).


“The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again” (Proverbs 24:16).

Didn't God use Moses who was a stutterer? 

No comments:

Post a Comment