- “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled” (Matthew 5:6).
- Does our soul long for God, like David, in a parched and weary land where there is no water (Psalm 63:1)?
- Do we thirst like a deer pants for flowing streams (Psalm 42:1)?
Can we see, with the eyes of faith, the ‘rivers of living water’ flowing out from us?
Can we visualise by faith the great things we can do in the power of the Holy Spirit?
For we merely channel the ‘rivers of living water’ from the source — the ‘fountain of living waters’, God the Holy Spirit (Jeremiah 2:13).
- “All these are empowered by one and the same Spirit, who apportions to each one individually as He wills” (1 Corinthians 12:11).
- “Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy” (1 Corinthians 14:1).
- “The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of those who are taught, that I may know how to sustain with a word him who is weary. Morning by morning he awakens; he awakens my ear to hear as those who are taught” (Isaiah 50:4).
- “My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer” (Psalm 45:1).
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.”