In a highly connected world – what with wifi and mobile devices to keep us constantly in touch while we’re on the go – our lives have become so markedly different from that of our forefathers.
- How many hours do we spend online, not only at the desk but while we're on the go?
- Since our initiation into social media and mobile technology, has our relationship with our loved ones taken a beating?
- How has our personal devotion (Bible study and prayer) been?
- As we grapple with the information overload 2 in our lives, has there been a corresponding increase in wisdom gained through reflection and meditation? 3
- Are we able to shut off technology when we come to the table to connect with friends and family members?
- Has the Internet caused us to have short attention span? Have we become shallow and superficial in our thinking, tending to skim and skip as we browse?
- Have we been able to sustain a keen interest in serious thought-provoking articles and books?
- Can we do with at least half a day (or one day) fast from technology per week? 4
- Do we feel the need to constantly upgrade our mobile devices to the latest models available?