- “Therefore, since we have these promises, dear friends, let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God” (2 Corinthians 7:1).
- “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. is a consuming fire” (Hebrews 12:28-29).
- “For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:20).
We ourselves are accountable in keeping God’s law. God judges us based on the choices we make as individuals. We cannot pass the blame on anyone, even our teachers. We need to make up our own minds after having considered both sides of the OSAS argument—the pros and cons.
- Those who are saved will finally make it to heaven because God who is faithful will keep us. Nothing can ever go wrong. This is what Alex embraces—OSAS.
- Those who are saved must keep on believing and working out their faith till the end in order to make it to heaven. This is what Bob believes—he rejects OSAS.
- Work out your faith with fear and trembling: Philippians 2:12-13
- Keep striving: Philippians 3:12-14
- Run the race with discipline so we won’t be disqualified: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Bear fruits that befit repentance and don’t rest on your spiritual laurels: Luke 3:8
- Narrow and difficult is the way that leads to life: Matthew 7: 13-14
- Holiness requires effort; confirm your election: 2 Peter 1: 5-8, 10