DIVINE HEART SURGERY
The Christian walk is a moment-by-moment experience whereby we are given the choice whether to serve the spirit or flesh—as opposed to a ‘once and for all’ experience of victory. For more: http://bit.ly/1awc42C
Indeed, there is much truth in this statement by author and speaker, Charlie Jones: “You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read.”
Not discounting the work of the Holy Spirit, the people whom we mix around with and the books we read—including the Bible—can become powerful tools in personal transformation.
Though it's difficult for us to change, it is not impossible.
- God can effect in-depth and lasting change in us—from inside out.
- Through the Word (Romans 12:1-2) and Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18).
- For the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately sick (Jeremiah 17:9).
- Even so, we need to be co-workers with God. We need to renew our minds with the Word and obey Him.
- God may use trials and other people to change us so that we become mature and complete.