- Work out your faith with fear and trembling: Philippians 2:12-13
- Keep striving: Philippians 3:12-14
- Run the race with discipline so we won’t be disqualified: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Holiness requires effort; confirm your election: 2 Peter 1: 5-8, 10
- Bear fruits that befit repentance and don’t rest on your spiritual laurels: Luke 3:8
- Narrow and hard is the way to life: Matthew 7: 13-14
You have to decide for yourselves which path you would take—the broad and easy way or that which is narrow and hard. Do not allow your eternal fate to be swayed by sugar-coated messages that are contrary to what the Bible says.
“It would not be difficult to point out at least twenty-five or thirty distinct passages in the Epistles where believers are plainly taught to use active personal exertion, and are addressed as responsible for doing energetically what Christ would have them do, and are not told to “yield themselves” up as passive agents and sit still, but to arise and work. A holy violence, a conflict, a warfare, a fight, a soldier’s life, a wrestling, are spoken of as characteristic of the true Christian.”
― Michael L. Brown, Hyper-Grace: Exposing the Dangers of the Modern Grace Message
WHAT IS NEXT?
It is true that we receive God’s grace (salvation) through faith, not works. But, then, what comes next? God is looking for fruit: Changed lives, repentance and obedience, all of which does not nullify at all the grace we receive by faith.
IS GRACE NULLIFIED THROUGH OBEDIENCE TO THE LAW?