Monday 9 September 2013

MORE THAN ENOUGH

Facing hard times? An all-sufficient God is able to meet all our needs. How can we affirm and declare this truth?


                                                                        
Lord, I thank you that you promise to supply all our needs (1). I trust in your provision for my physical needs. I agree that without faith it is impossible to please you (2).

I am grateful that sometimes you even choose to bless me exceedingly above all I can ask, conceive or imagine (3).

                                                                     

Why should I look with envy at those who are filthy rich (4)? Those who live solely for their own desires do not know your peace and presence. I don’t want to compare what you have blessed me with what they have.

For I know that, when you bless, there is no accompanying sorrow (5).The righteous may have relatively little. But, in your eyes, it is better than the abundance of the wicked (6).

Like a weaned child resting against his mother, I am composed and still (7).  I am contented (8).

Yet, your Word tells us there is the other side of the coin to consider. Faith alone is not enough. 

You teach us to observe the industrious anthow we need to work hard and plan (9). You also instruct us to learn from the life of Josephhow he stored grain in times of plenty. And his family and a nation were saved during famine.

By aligning my thoughts with your wisdom and living by its dictates, I can enjoy the blessings of peace, contentment and financial security.

As I meditate on the above, I assimilate your wisdom into my life (10). It becomes a part of me. I know I will live to see your faithfulness. And, because of your blessings, I will be able to declare your goodness to others.

Footnotes:

(1) “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19).

(2) “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).

(3) “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” (Ephesians 3:20).

(4) “Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word” (Psalm 119:37).

(5) “The blessing of the LORD makes a person rich, and he adds no sorrow with it” (Proverbs 10:22).

(6) “It is better to be godly and have little than to be evil and rich” (Psalm 37:16).

(7) “Surely I have composed and quieted my soul. Like a weaned child rests against his mother, my soul is like a weaned child within me” (Psalm 131:2).

 (8) I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want” (Philippians 4:12).

(9) “Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest” (Proverbs 6:6-8).

(10) “Do not let this Book of the Law depart from your mouth; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful” (Joshua 1:8).

RELATED POSTS

DOES GOD WANT ME TO BE RICH?
What does the Bible say about abundance and riches?

HOW TO ATTAIN FINANCIAL FREEDOM
How biblical principles can help us attain financial freedom

MAKING WISE FINANCIAL DECISIONS
Our worldview and values determine how we make financial decisions in life. A wise move from an earthly viewpoint may not necessarily be so from an eternal perspective.
http://bit.ly/1jV1TIN



HOW TO QUICKLY ACCESS PORRIDGE

For a quick overview: http://bit.ly/1ijiXHp

To access similar articles in Christiantymalaysia.com:

To access similar articles in Asian Beacon magazine:
http://asianbeacon.org/?s=Lim+Poh+Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment