Here is a prayer asking God to guide us. It is implied that we trust His wisdom and acknowledge Him in all our plans and decision making.
- Lord, we declare that You are the almighty God who alone knows what is best for our lives (Jeremiah 10:23).
- We acknowledge that You have a specific will for every child who calls You, “Father”. And that you are more than willing to show Your perfect will to us (Jeremiah 1:5, Romans 11:29, Acts 17:26).
- We want to live purposefully and intentionally to glorify Your name. As such, we dare not be presumptuous or trust in our own wisdom (James 4:13-15, Proverbs 3:5-6, Jeremiah 9:23-24).
- We know that You are not a hard taskmaster. For the paths you have arranged for us to tread have our welfare at heart (Jeremiah 29:11, Psalm 37:4).
- Lead us, guide us as we meditate on your Word. Speak to us through the still small voice, trusted mature believers, and the opening and closing of doors (Psalm 32:8-9, Joshua1:8, James 1:5, Ephesians 5:17-18).
- And even if we should venture to do something and falter, we know that You will lovingly correct us and set us along the right path again (Psalm 37:23-24).