The apostle Paul teaches that some believers will make it to heaven by the skin of their teeth with the smell of smoke on their clothes and their hair singed. They will barely scrape through the “final examination” before attaining eternal bliss, just like a student who gets 51 marks out of 100.
- The foolish virgins lost their salvation (not merely lost their eternal rewards).
- The foolish virgins are, in fact, believers.
- If they are lacking in anticipation and preparedness for Jesus’ return (Matthew 25:8)
- If they are not abiding in Christ (John 15:6).
- If they live carelessly, fail to be continuously filled with the Holy Spirit, fail to seek His will and do it (Ephesians 5:15-18, Matthew 7: 21-23).
- If they fail to endure amid persecution, fail to overcome deception and lawlessness (Matthew 24: 9-13).
- “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16).
- “If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned” (John 15:6).
- Work out your faith with fear and trembling: Philippians 2:12-13
- Keep striving: Philippians 3:12-14
- Run the race with discipline so we won’t be disqualified: 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Bear fruits that befit repentance and don’t rest on your spiritual laurels: Luke 3:8
- Narrow and hard is the way to life: Matthew 7: 13-14
- Holiness requires effort; confirm your election: 2 Peter 1: 5-8, 10
HOW TO QUICKLY ACCESS PORRIDGE