- Though it is clear that we are saved not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9), we must not forget the following verse—that we have been set apart for good works (Ephesians 2:10).
- Though we are saved not by works (Titus 3:5), we are to devote ourselves to good works (Titus 3:8).
- Finally, James shows that faith without works is dead—hammering the last nail into the coffin and despatching the half-truth that it is all by faith.
- “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. (Luke 9:23).
- “He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it” (Matthew 10:39).
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.