- He chose us before the foundation of the world and predestined us to be His children (Ephesians 1: 4-5).
- While we were dead in sin, He saved us and made us sit with Christ in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:5-6)
- We should live our lives in a manner worthy of our high calling (Ephesians 4:1).
- We are to walk in love, just as Christ also loved us and gave Himself up for us (Ephesians 5: 2).
- We have to be careful concerning how we walk, making the best use of the time because the days are evil. And we must not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is (Ephesians 5:15-17).
- “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil” (Ephesians 6:10-11).
- “Armies march into other countries to occupy and subdue. God has not told us to do this. We are not to march but to stand. The word ‘stand’ implies that the ground disputed by the enemy is really God’s, and therefore ours. We need not struggle to gain a foothold on it” (pg. 54).
- “Today we do not fight for victory; we fight from victory. When you fight to get the victory, then you have lost the battle at the outset” (pg. 55).
- “Because victory is His, therefore it is ours” (pg. 56).
- “If we believe the Lord, we shall not pray so much but rather we shall praise him more. The simpler and clearer our faith in him, the less we shall pray in such situations and the more we shall praise” (pg. 57).
- Christ “disarmed the spiritual rulers and authorities. He shamed them publicly by his victory over them on the cross” (Colossians 2:15).
- Christ came to destroy the works of the devil (1 John 3:8).
- “Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness” (Ephesians 6:14).
― Dr Michael L. Brown
OUR FAITH WALK ***