First, it is business as usual. Man is caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of life without any thought that life on earth will come to an end. They will be eating, drinking, marrying, buying and selling, planting and building up till the point when Christ makes His second entrance.
Notice that not many were saved in the days of Noah and Lot. Only eight persons got saved in Noah’s ark and only three escaped the destruction of Sodom. The majority perished because they lived as if God did not exist or willfully lived in sin. Indeed, narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it (Matthew 7:14).
- Take heed that no one deceives you (vs. 4).
- For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many (vs. 5).
- Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many (vs.11).
- For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect (vs. 24).
- “Watch out! Don’t let your hearts be dulled by carousing and drunkenness, and by the worries of this life. Don’t let that day catch you unaware, like a trap. For that day will come upon everyone living on the earth. Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man.” (Luke 21: 34-36)
- "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (1 Peter 4:17)
We must be watchful like the wise virgins, not complacent like the foolish virgins (Matthew 25: 1-13). All who eagerly expect Christ’s return will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure (1 John 3:3). http://bit.ly/1MA1h8F