In the account of the woman caught in the act of adultery (John 8:3-11), the crowd was so vicious towards her that they wanted to stone her. But Jesus showed her mercy and forgave her. However, He required repentance and holiness from her. Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
- “Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne; steadfast love and faithfulness go before you” (Psalm 89:14).
- “The LORD is slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but He will by no means clear the guilty” (Numbers 14:18).
- “He who is often reproved, yet stiffens his neck, will suddenly be broken beyond healing” (Proverbs 29:1).
- How God deals with those who have unnatural lust (Romans chapter 1: 24-28)
- How God deals with Pharaoh’s hardening of his heart (Exodus chapters 8-11)
- How God deals with the rebellious exodus generation who failed to enter the Promised Land (Hebrews 3:14-19). This is specifically addressed to believers.